Geeks of Color Expo Press
Geeks of Color Expo is pleased to offer press passes to a variety of individuals and outlets, including news reporters, bloggers, podcasters, YouTubers, and content creators. We welcome you to enjoy the convention and share this exciting event with your audience. To apply for press credentials to cover Geeks of Color Expo, you must submit an application for review.
Before you fill out the form below, please read our Press Policies. By submitting an application, you agree to comply with the terms outlined below. Press credentials are limited, and approval is at the discretion of our press team.
- All press applicants are required to submit information about previous or similar coverage, planned coverage, outlet information, and audience reach.
- Applicants are not guaranteed credentials solely based on previous attendance or coverage of Geeks of Color Expo. All press passes must be obtained at Geeks of Color Expo Registration on-site, and none will be given to any individual not approved prior to the convention.
- You must be able to provide relevant previous coverage from similar events.
- Press outlet or reporter/content creators must submit coverage from previous Geeks of Color Expo events if applicable.
- Press credentials grant access to:
- Exhibit halls, panel rooms, video rooms (no recording of any kind permitted here), art rooms, game rooms, the dedicated press room, and interview room. Any other additional areas may be determined by the Press team.
- Press passes are subject to the following limitations:
- Press passes are non-transferable
- Press passes do not convey any privileges above the ones listed here or grant the individual or outlet the same privileges as membership passes, staff badges, volunteer badges, dealer badges, artist alley badges, guest badges or any other badge issued for the event.
- You do not qualify as press for Geeks of Color Expo if you are:
- A sales representative
- Non-Editorial creative personnel or professional
- Creating a student documentary or project
- A family member of a press representative
- Those granted press credentials will need to present a photo ID and/or represented media outlet credentials (if applicable) at Geeks of Color Expo Press Registration.
- Press representatives must secure their own lodging, food, and finances. Only the badge for entry into the convention is provided.
Press Interview Policy
- All guest interviews are subject to approval by the Geeks of Color Expo Press team, Geeks of Color Expo Guest Services team, guest and/or guest management. Geeks of Color Expo is unable to schedule any direct interviews with guests prior to the convention.
- Press is NOT allowed to directly contact a guest before or during Geeks of Color Expo’s event as a representative of Geeks of Color Expo Press. All coordination must be through the Geeks of Color Expo. Violators will be promptly removed from the event and will not be permitted to apply again or conduct any press-related activities in future years.
- Interviews with Geeks of Color Expo guests must be requested and arranged through the Geeks of Color Expo Press team. Only credentialed members of the press may request interviews with Geeks of Color Expo guests, and interviews will be arranged as availability permits.
Staff & Volunteer Interviews
- All interviews with staff or volunteers are subject to direct approval from the Geeks of Color Expo PR & Communications team.
- Any unauthorized interviews do not reflect Geeks of Color Expo, its affiliates or sponsors. Failure to obtain approval can result in removal from the event and from press consideration for future events.
Press Application Form
Thanks for your interest in covering Geeks of Color Expo! Press applications will close on January 28th. If you are a local news outlet, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.